Saturday, October 31, 2009

DVF TODAY











The true theory behind the Diane von Furstenberg's fashionable clothing line is to celebrate the strength and confidence that women possess in life. Her clothes truly emphasize femininity and spirit with bright colored prints similar to Warhol's graphic designs, and also feature a "timeless" look.

In 1974, Andy Warhol captured her portrait and instantly a life long friendship began between the two began. Warhol was not only a friend to Furstenberg, but an artistic influence in the creation of many of her graphics under her label, DVF.

Furstenberg once said "The minute I knew I was about to be Egon's wife, I decided to have a career. I wanted to be someone of my own, and not just a plain little girl who got married beyond her desserts." With this ambitious idea and 30,000 dollars, she kicked off a complete woman's line which has prospered into one of the best designer collections available today.

No comments:

Post a Comment